The 2.55 handbag bears that particular name simply because it was originally issued in February 1955. Her features have all a piece of tale to tell. From the inside out:
• The lining - The lining’s brown color represents the color of the uniforms from the convent where she grew up.
• The inside compartment - there’s a zippered compartment at the inside of the front flap. That’s where Coco Chanel hid her love letters (from her lover at the time).
• The backside - there’s a back outside flap on the handbag – that’s where Ms Chanel stashed extra money.
• The shoulder strap – as I said before, Coco Chanel grew up in an convent, at the orphanage. The caretakers hold the keys at their waist dangling from the same type of chains as the 2.55 shoulder strap chains.
• The front lock – the 2.55 front lock is different from the classic double CC logo. It’s logo is called “the Mademoiselle Lock” (because Ms Chanel was never married)