Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I love Larita Whittaker



Many many blogs ago, I believe I said something about my sister and her hardcore ass-kicking skills; as it stands, it is no secret that I adore strong women, both literally and figuratively. Afterall, like attracts like! I've been surrounded by them all my life.

Enter Larita Whittaker from the novel/film Easy Virtue. Animal lover, race car/motorcycle driver, whitty, and elegant, most of all a woman who knows what love is. This blog will be nice and short, but I will warn you there's a slight spoiler if you haven't seen this movie.

One of the best quotes I've heard in a while, "Oh John my darling, you don't know what love is. You've no idea what it feels like to love someone so much that you'd do anything for them....even inject them with poison because they were too feeble to do it themselves." In reaction to being told not to leave after being accused of murdering her first husband (who had cancer), by her new husband and his family.

Its hard to convey the power of this quote without watching the film and how the line is delivered but it was amazing. It reconfirms my determination to not want to settle for anyone who doesn't understand what it takes to make a woman feel loved and want to love them back, so much so that they'd do anything for them.

Did I mention she's dressed beautifully? One of the jackets looks like the Stella McCartney S/S 09 collection jackets. Aside from that, the usual 20s-30s stripey blouse, high waisted wide leg pant, riding clothes, gowns, still really pleasant to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment